so there is a new project underway here at fish-tank labs
and at the moment this is the public face of the project. Boring right
that project is to use a rasberry pi to create a weather station that provides data from itself and other online sources both private uploaded weather stations and official data published data ..
im looking to use cacti for the data presenttation and Weather undergrounds API for the imported data for uploaded private WS ... for public data i need to look at the way various countries/goverment institutions publish the data alsp looking perhaps at news websites as well
Progress so far ...
- Cacti is working
- Weather underground API is producing data that i have then parsed into a useable format
- this page has been started (but deffs needs work)
still to do
- make this look better (no really)
- get cacti to pull the data into its database ...
- get cacti to graph external data points for me
- add all sorts of various leagal notes saying how im getting the data and that the work of WU and cacti is not my own and stuff like that
- i also need to sort out a cacti issue where it seems to just stop displaing data to the tree and main views .. .. the graphing seems to continue but i want the main views as thezse are bloody good for the scan capability build into Cacti
- i currently have an idea that it has somethign to do with the update from PHP5.6 to PHP7.0 and im in the middle of trying to find a repo to put php5.6 on the pi and see if that fixes the isue
- the other idea is to troll through the support forums for Cacti and see if anyone else is having these issues with cacti on pi or with php7. i know there have been issues reported with cactis Weathermap plugin but this is a network managment pluygin and nothing to do with weather soo that may just ve the plug in rather than cacti core